The demand for #ElectricVehicles has been seen increasing at an exponential rate. The #EV market will witness a CAGR of 44% from 2020 to 2027 and a sales projection of 6.34 million by 2027, as per a report by ISEA.
With an array of benefits and continuous evolution of the #EVecosystem, more and more people are moving towards #EVadoption. While EV users still face some significant challenges, minimizing charging time has progressed with the development of #ChargingInfrastructure and technology.
Here is the list of the popular #EVs with more details:
- Tata Motors Nexon EV PRIME: Tata Motors, being the nation's largest manufacturer of #EVcars has dominated the market with its EV range. In June 2022, Tata Motors had a year over year increase in sales of around 365.46%, selling 2709 EVs as compared to 582 EVs over the previous period. Nexon’s IMPACT 2.0 design philosophy inspired Tri-arrow design presents a futuristic theme. Not only does it possess a 30.2 kWh high energy density #lithiumionbattery, but also house a liquid-cooled thermal management system and IP67 Ingress protection for both motor and battery pack provide power & protection. As far as charging standards go, it has CCS2 with a #chargingtime of 9 hours 10 min from a 15 A plug point and fast charging time of 60 min. Moreover, it carries a 3.3kW #ACcharger onboard for added measure.
- Nexon EV MAX: This model by #TataMotors is built for a longer Driving Range on a Single Charge, 437 km per charge. It offers a relatively bigger battery capacity than #Nexon Prime. With a staggering 33% higher capacity than the Nexon EV MAX, it holds a 40.5kWh Lithium-ion #Battery with an IP67 rating and with a CCS2 #Charging standard. The car comes with an integrated 7.2 kW AC charging gun for easy overnight Charging (6.5 hours). With a 15A point, the estimated charging time comes around 15 hours. Moreover, fast charging time for Nexon EV max is approximately 56 min from 56 kW DC charger unit.
- Tigor EV: This Sedan By #TATA Motors combines safety, technology, and performance to provide a Spectacular Driving Experience. The car has a driving range of 306 km on a full charge and is #ARAI certified. With CCS2 charging standard and 26kWh lithium-ion battery pack, this car has an estimated charging time of 8 hours 45 min from any 15 A point and 65 minutes fast charging time from a 65 kW DC Charger.
- Morris Garages India MG ZS EV: The MG ZS EV is the only Electric vehicle that MG offers in the Indian Market. The beast packs a 50.3 kWh battery with a UL258I0 certification and a P69K rating. It also comes with multiple charging options and has a CCS2 charger type. The estimated time for charging is 8.5-9 hours for a 7.5 kW charger. For fast charging, the charging time is 60 minutes with a 50 kW CCS charger. If that wasn’t enough, the car offers a driving range of 461km on a single charge.
- Hyundai Motor India Ltd. Kona EV: The Kona #Suv is the only EV that #Hyundai offers in the Indian market and offers a driving range of 452 km on a full charge. The 2022 #HyundaiKonaElectric packs a 39.2 kWh lithium-ion battery with an estimated fast charging time of 57 minutes using a CCS2 50kW DC charger. Using a 7.2 kW charger the car takes around 6 hours and 10 minutes to charge completely. The car also comes with a 2.8kW portable charger which can fit into any normal socket and has an estimated charge time of 19 hours to charge completely.
- Mahindra Group E Verito: The #electricsedan from #Mahindra provides a smooth driving experience along with various new features, one of which is regenerative braking. While the driving range of the #Everito is about 140 Km, the estimated time for normal charging stands at 11 hours 30 min & 1 hour 30 min for fast charge.
- Audi India E-Tron: Audi's first all-electric SUV is built for daily driving. The car has a driving range of 484 km with a 95 kWh battery capacity and an estimated charging time of 9 hours with an AC charger. For DC fast charging the #Audi car takes around 33 minutes.
- BMW Group iX: #BMW Launched iX recently in the Indian market, this luxury masterpiece packs the best features of the X family into the iX and has a starting price of ₹11590000. The car has a driving range of approximately 425 km on a single charge. The iX has a 71kWh battery capacity and has an estimated charge time of 7 hours 15 minutes for AC charging and 31 minutes for fast charging.
- BMW i4: This luxury sedan by BMW provides a high level of comfort and possesses qualities that mark it ideal for daily driving. The i4 is aerodynamically designed for smooth acceleration & seamless handling, and has a battery capacity of 83.9 kWh. Due to its thoughtful construction, the car has a range of 590 km. The charge time in an AC charging station is around 8 hours 15 minutes and the fast charging time is 31 minutes
- Mercedes-Benz India Pvt. Ltd. EQC: This luxury electric SUV by #Mercedes represents their engineering expertise and brand value centered around “emotion and intelligence” in the EV segment. The car is built keeping sustainability in mind. The EQC offers a driving range of 420 km per full charge. It also has an 80 kWh battery capacity. With a new 11 kW onboard charger, AC charging time will significantly reduce to become 7.5 hours .and the estimated charging time for #DCchargers is 90 minutes.
The #EVmarket in #India is growing at an exponential pace. Tata Motors dominate the EV market due to its comparatively lower-priced, feature-packed vehicles. The MG ZS is also catching the public eye with its i-SMART technology combined with extensive features. Other car manufacturers have also seen a rise in demand. Features and specifications to address challenges such as Range anxiety, Charging time, Charging Network and safety seems to be a key factor in attracting public interest.